Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Review of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2



I am honestly not a "Twi-Hard", mainly because I've never read any of the really popular books. However, I have found some of the "Twilight Saga" movies to be quite entertaining, not "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" though. I just found it to be utterly boring. Now the second part to that movie, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2", has arrived. Despite Part 1 being bad, I was still super excited to go see Part 2. After experiencing it I can say it was surprisingly.....very good.

At the end of "BD Part 1" we find out that Bella (Kristen Stewart) is alive, and she's now a vampire like her husband Edward (Robert Pattinson). She had just given birth to there child, Renesmee. Now, in "BD Part 2", after the birth of Renesmee, the Cullens gather other vampire clans in order to protect the child from a false allegation that puts the family in front of the Volturi and there leader Aro (Michael Sheen). Renesmee even has Jacob (Taylor Lautner) along the way to protect her.

The story is basically what you would expect from a "Twilight" movie, it's not great. However, this movie probably has the best and most interesting story of all the "Twilight" films. It never, at all, dragged on and I was interested the whole time. However, the dialogue was VERY corny.



The cast does an OK job. None of the "Twilight" movies are known for there acting, and this one isn't either. But theirs still a few OK performances. The cast includes Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, who were in all of the other movies. You also have the rest of the Cullen family: Kellan Lutz, Ashley Greene, Nikki Reed, etc. My favorite performance of the movie though came from Michael Sheen as Aro, he truly makes a good, and very evil villain. So overall the performances were just OK, but like I said, what do you expect from a "Twilight" movie?

One thing that really made the movie for me though was the completely shocking twist/surprise at the end. I, of course, will not give anything away but you will know what that surprise is when you see it. It truly did shock me and it's almost worth to ticket price just to hear that fans reaction to that surprise. So kudos to Bill Condon (Director) and Melissa Rosenberg (Writer) theirs also some other really cool things that Condon and Rosenberg added into the film, one thing they did was in the credits of the movie, they didn't just show the cast of this particular "Twilight" movie, they showed all the major cast members from every single "Twilight Saga" movie, which I thought was a VERY clever and smart decision. There's even more awesome things put into this movie that I won't give away right now, but I can tell you fans will love them. I know that because even I loved them, and I'm not the hugest fan.

Another great thing about "BD Part 2" was the last 30 minutes of the movie. Don't get me wrong, I liked the rest of the movie. But the last 30 minutes was just EPIC. With awesome action sequences that were just pure fun and also very entertaining to watch. After the scene was done my heart was racing! I believe that the last 30 minutes of "BD Part 2" was how all of the "Twilight Saga" movies should have been.

I really only have the normal nitpicks for a "Twilight Saga" movie, not very good acting, bad dialogue, and also some of the effects in the movie were very cheesy and not very good, especially Renesmee as a baby, who was just a CGI creation, not a real baby, and it doesn't look cute. It looks very creepy. Beside those issues though, I really had a great time watching this movie.

Overall, "BD Part 2" is BY FAR the best "Twilight Saga" movie! "Twi-Hard's" will love the movie, and people in general will probably really like it! I think this movie can be put down as one of the biggest surprises for me of the year. I had no idea I would be that entertained by a "Twilight" movie. Definitely go to the theater and watch the final movie. Besides, even if you don't like "Twilight" it's still an overall fun experience at the movie theater (Constant screaming, and clapping from the "Twi-Hards"!).

Verdict: 4 out of 5

I do believe somewhere down the road, there probably will be another "Twilight" movie. Whether it be a remake or a sequel.


2 comments:

  1. Well I'm not a Twi-Hard either... By the way, I also read your post about "The Perks of Being a Wallflower", which I tremendously enjoyed. And I agree with you, it's one of the best flims of the year. Of course, I wrote about it here: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I read what you wrote about "Perks" and I completely agree. I loved the film!

      Thanks again for reading the reviews!

      Delete