Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Review of Jack Reacher



The movie "Jack Reacher" is based on a series of books, which I have not read. I am personally not a big fan of Tom Cruise, who plays Jack Reacher, and did not have an interest at all in seeing this movie when I first saw the trailer. However, when reviews for the movie came out the reactions were quite positive. I then decided to give this movie a try, the result is a VERY entertaining action/mystery movie!

The movie is about a homicide investigator named Jack Reacher who digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims. The story for this film is actually really good and it's actually more of a mystery then an action movie. It was not at all predictable and by the end I didn't really know what was gonna happen.

The cast of the film all do a pretty good job, although I don't really like Tom Cruise. But I think he did a pretty good job in this movie. Some people were mad Tom Cruise was cast in this film because in the book Jack Reacher is suppose to be a lot taller then him. That did not bug me at all. Other then Cruise, the cast also includes Richard Jenkins, and Rosamund Pike, who both gave pretty good performances, although I think some of the performances in this movie were overdone.



I think the main reason I liked this movie as much as I did was because it was enormously entertaining. It's just a fun time at the movies, and when there are action sequences, they are very well done! That's really all I have to say about this film!

As for complaints, I thought at times the performances and the dialogue was really silly and sometimes the overall movie was silly. But honestly that's it.

Overall, "Jack Reacher" has a few flaws, but really it's just a fun movie. I thought this movie was better then "The Bourne Legacy", which came out earlier this year. It's too bad that barely anyone has seen this film. But if you have some time over this Christmas, I would check this one out in theaters!

Verdict: 4 out of 5

I honestly think they should make "Jack Reacher" a whole series of movies, like the books. That is if they make all the movies as entertaining as this one. But the series won't happen unless more people go see this movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment