Friday, February 15, 2013

My Review of Warm Bodies



The movie "Warm Bodies" is based on a Young Adult novel by the same name, which I haven't read. However, when I saw the first trailer for "Warm Bodies" I was very intrigued because it looked so original. After seeing the film, I can say that "Warm Bodies" was actually a decent movie for being released in February.

"Warm Bodies" follows R (Nicholas Hoult), a very unusual zombie, who saves a human, Julie (Teresa Palmer), from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world. As you can probably tell from the plot the story is very similar to "Romeo and Juliet" and when your watching the movie you will definitely notice some scenes similar to "Romeo and Juliet". With that, the story will most likely keep you entertained all the way through. Mainly because of the really clever dialogue and also because a movie like this hasn't been done before and that just makes it interesting, entertaining, and FUN.

The performances in the movie were pretty good. Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer both did a good job playing R and Julie. John Malkovich was also in the film playing Julie's dad. He gave a good performance but should have been in the movie more then he was. Rob Corddry and Dave Franco are also in the movie, and I must say Rob Corddry has LOTS of scene stealer's.



I think my favorite part of the movie though was the FANTASTIC soundtrack. There was just some DARN good music in the film. Some of the music included songs by Guns N' Roses, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, John Waite, and many more. So as you can see, the soundtrack is just that good.

There's also some more good news about "Warm Bodies": Most of the humor in the film DOESN'T fall flat. So for a lot of the movie I was actually laughing out loud.

Of course there were some minor flaws with "Warm Bodies". One of them was the movie was sometimes a little to predictable. There weren't really any huge shockers in the movie. I also was a bit dissatisfied with the ending. But neither of those things ruined the movie for me at all.

Overall, "Warm Bodies" was a fun, original, and entertaining film that is just a GREAT time at the cinema. Or at least I had a great time watching it. I would say this is definitely a better film then most movies released in February. I would check this one out in theaters if your a zombie fan. Even if your not a zombie movie fan "Warm Bodies" isn't like "The Walking Dead", "Warm Bodies" is more of a sweet, love story. Not a dark, and scary movie. I think we can classify "Warm Bodies" as a Zom-Rom-Com (Zombie Romantic Comedy).

Verdict: 4 out of 5

After seeing the movie I think I will check out the book sometime. Because this movie definitely intrigued me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment