Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Review of Star Trek Into Darkness

 
 
Note: See this film in IMAX 3D. The IMAX and the 3D add a great element to the film. I'd also like to say that this is a Spoiler-Free Review.

I really loved the first "Star Trek" film, but I will honestly say that I loved the second movie even more. I know a lot of people will REALLY disagree with me on this one but "Star Trek Into Darkness" was better due to the fantastic acting and some amazing action.

The movie follows the crew of the Enterprise as they are called back home from space, there they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving the world in a state of crisis. Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) then leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. Overall, I thought "Star Trek Into Darkness" had a fantastic story, that was very interesting.



As I said earlier, the acting in this film was absolutely stellar. Chris Pine and Benedict Cumberbatch, who played the mysterious villain in this movie, shined in their roles. Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, and Karl Urban, all did fantastic in their roles as well.

The action sequences in "Star Trek Into Darkness" were absolutely astounding and kept me so interested in the film. I was not bored once during the film. Also if you see it in IMAX 3D, the action scenes are even cooler and make you feel like your in the movie.

The one thing I didn't like about "Star Trek Into Darkness" was all of the lens flares that J.J Abrams put in the film. At times the lens flares got VERY annoying, but the movie was so good at times I didn't care. And I will admit some of the lens flares were used to the film's advantage.

Overall, "Star Trek Into Darkness" was very entertaining and very fun! Not to mention, even better than the first "Star Trek" film. I can also call "Star Trek Into Darkness" the best film of 2013 so far.

Verdict: 4.5 out of 5

With "Star Trek Into Darkness", and "Iron Man 3", this Summer Movie Season is off to an unbelievably FANTASTIC start.


No comments:

Post a Comment