Friday, May 24, 2013

My Review of Fast & Furious 6



Honestly, I am not a fan of the "Fast & Furious" series at all. I mean I have enjoyed some of the movies, but never thought they were really good. I didn't even like "Fast Five" which a lot of people really liked. So as you can probably figure, I was actually kind of hesitant to even see "Fast 6". But I decided to, and I can say that I really enjoyed it.

"Fast 6" begins with a flashback to all of the other "Fast & Furious" movies which I found to be a neat and effective way to start the movie. But anyway, "Fast 6" follows Hobbs (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), who calls upon Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) to reassemble their crew again, in order to take down a mastermind who commands an organization of mercenary drivers across 12 countries. If the mission succeeds the whole crew will get pardons for all their crimes. The story for "Fast 6" was actually pretty good, I was interested in the story the whole time and they even through in a couple interesting plot twists, along with some smart humor that I found to be very funny.



I think it's really cool to see how much the "Fast & Furious" series has evolved throughout the years. At first it was just street racing. But now the "Fast & Furious" movies are more like a heist movie, and in these new "Fast & Furious" films the crew is actually fighting criminals (with a side of street racing). I just thought this had to be mentioned in my review.

But back to "Fast 6", the acting in the movie was not really that fantastic. But honestly while I was watching this movie I didn't really care about the acting to much because the action was so fantastic. Along with the acting I also wasn't really impressed with the villain in "Fast Six", Shaw (Luke Evans), he just didn't really have a good villainous feel. The rest of the cast includes Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, and Ludacris.

As I said earlier, the action was so well done and so fantastic. There were scenes in the movie where I was just so wowed by how cool, entertaining, and fun the action was. During some of the action scenes you will probably say to yourself, "Wow, that's very unrealistic". If you can get through that thought, you will really enjoy "Fast 6".

Overall, "Fast 6" is a movie that knows what it is, a fun, stupid, and entertaining Summer action film that left me wanting more, and that's very impressive since the movie is 2 hours and 10 minutes as it is. The movie was truly saved by all the great action scenes, and if you go in with the right mind set, I'm sure you will really enjoy it like I did. I can also honestly say, "Fast 6" was by far the best movie in the "Fast & Furious" series.
 
Verdict: 4 out of 5
 
Stay after the movie for an ending credits scene right before the credits role (It comes on a little bit after the movie ends). The scene is a perfect set-up for "Fast & Furious 7", and it was a really cool. Not to mention, one of the best ending credits sequences I've seen in a while. I will definitely be seeing "Fast & Furious 7" after how awesome "Fast 6" was.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment