Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Devil Inside's Scary Opener

I dont know if it was just me but I thought The Devil Inside was just going to be another box office faiure but I was so wrong. It opened to an amazing 34.5 Million. First of all I thought for sure Mission: Impossible 4 was going to take first for the third weekend in a row due to the lack of movies coming out. Also, The Devil Inside has like a 7 Percent on Rotten Tomatoes which is completely awful and I thought people would realize that it was going to be bad, but supposively not. I am personally thinking that lots of horror fans flocked to the theaters to see it because there has been a big craze for horror movies and not very many coming out.

It also could have been the lack of anything coming out this weekend. This was the only really major release this whole weekend. So im guessing that brought more people to the theater as well, at least the one's who have already seen MI: 4, In my opinion The Devil Inside is already a hit box office wise,

but review wise, not at all. This movie will face some competion next weekend with Beauty and the Beast in 3D, Contraband, and Joyful Noise all opening but I still think this movie has yet another shot at taking first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment