Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Oscars are Coming!

After looking over the nominations for the 2012 Oscars I must say I am a little bit dissapointed, there were a few snubs and a few suprises. Here are some of them

Tintin not getting Best Animated Feature nomination, this movie really deserved it, but I kind of forgot about the motion capture rule that The Academy has, but now im really hoping Kung Fu Panda 2 takes the award home.


Shailene Woodley getting snubbed for The Descendants, I think she at least deserved a nomination, For her great performance in The Descendants. But instead her place went to Melissa Mcarthy which is probably just as good. Its a great suprise to have her in the catagory.

Steven Spelberg not getting in any director catagory, a little suprising since he has two great movies out. I thought he would get a nomination.

Nick Nolte getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor, very suprising but it was a good performance.

Gary Oldman getting nominated for Best Actor, suprising but at least hes getting what he deserves.Im really glad he got nominated.

Michael Fassbender getting snubbed for Best Actor, that was a little shocking I thought he for sure had a spot in the catagory.

Also Harry Potter not getting any big award nominations, that movie deserves it so much, im mad The Academy just ignored it.

Lastly I thought The Artist would be leading with the most nominations but Hugo is which is suprising but thats ok, cause I loved both.

Overall the nominations were pretty dissapointing this year, those arent even all the suprises and snubs, those were just the ones that shocked me the most. Now lets just hope the right people win them.

No comments:

Post a Comment