Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Review of The Three Stooges



I am actually a big fan of the original Three Stooges show, so when I heard about the movie I thought, well I hope this is good. But then I saw the trailer, and it looked pretty bad. So going in I was expecting the worst, but I ended up coming out mildly surprised.



In this movie the Stooges are out to save an orphanage that they have stayed at there whole life, and of course, trouble ensues. The people who play the Three Stooges this time around were pretty good, although I was a little unimpressed with the actor who played Curly, but that wasn't a huge deal. What really impressed me was the supporting cast which includes Jane Lynch, Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Hudson, the cast of Jersey Shore, and believe it or not Larry David.

The movie was pretty funny, although I think there could have been a few more laughs. I laughed at about ten things in the movie, which is ok, but it definitely could have been better.

One other kind of surprising thing I found out while I was in the movie was they divided the movie into episodes, just like the show, and I thought that was a really clever idea.

Overall there's not much else to say about The Three Stooges, I think the TV show is still way better, but this does give the Stooges kind of a worthy adaptation. It did surpass my expectations after watching the trailer, but I still would have still hoped for better. So I would just rent it if your not a huge Stooges fan, but if you are, and go, you may be a bit disappointed.

Verdict: 3 out of 5

Also at the end The Farelly Brothers will tell you not to do what the Stooges do at home, and give you a little demonstration on how they do it, it is actually kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment