Friday, April 6, 2012

My Review of Comic Con Episode IV: A Fans Hope



I personally have never been to Comic Con, but I really wanna go, and after seeing this movie I want to go even more! And I think you will to after seeing this documentary.


For those of you who don't know what Comic Con is, its basically a geek fest that consists of movies, TV, video games, and of course comics. This movie follows a couple of people's stories at Comic Con, like the designer, the collector, and Etc. I think this kind of format really works for this movie. In the end I really was interested and involved in these people's stories. You also get to here celebrities like Stan Lee and Kevin Smith share there opinions and stories on Comic Con.

I also really liked seeing all the behind the scenes stuff. Like with designing the costumes, and taking down and setting up the panels. It was pretty interesting and I think Morgan Spurlock did a good job with all that.

There were only two things I didn't really like about movie. One was they didn't include a lot with the convention floor, I would have liked to have seen more fans, panels, and costumes.

Also the movie's running time was only like 88 minutes, I think they could have made it a little longer and included more details! Like information about Preview Night, which is the night before the convention where you can preview what their is there.

Overall Comic Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope was a great documentary, maybe even one of my favorites. I think if you want to go to Comic Con, you should see it. And if you know nothing about Comic Con and watch it, you may actually wanna go.

Verdict: 4 out of 5

Comic Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope is in limited release right now and is also available on iTunes and VOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment