Friday, July 20, 2012

My Review of The Dark Knight Rises


*SPOILER FREE!


As you probably know I am a HUGE Batman fan and I have been anticipating this movie for a LONG time, you also probably know my expectations were set super high, mainly because the previous movie in the trilogy, "The Dark Knight", is one of my All Time favorite movies! After watching "The Dark Knight Rises" ("TDKR"), I couldn't be happier with how this Epic Conclusion turned out!!

The movie takes place eight years after "The Dark Knight". Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane (Tom Hardy), overwhelms Gotham City, and the Dark Knight (Christian Bale) resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy. The plot works very well especially since there's 2 Hours and 45 Minutes to develop characters and to develop the plot.

There are several new cast members in "TDKR" they include Joesph Gordon Levitt (John Blake), Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate), Anne Hathaway (Catwoman), and of course Tom Hardy. All the Newcomers do great! Especially Anne Hathaway, who I think played a great Catwomen/Selina Kyle, along with Anne Hathaway, Joesph Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy did great jobs as well! You also have returning favorites Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox), Michael Caine (Alfred), Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman), and of course Christian Bale..(Bruce Wayne/Batman). So everyone in that long cast list, did AMAZING!!



One thing I can always say with a Batman film is that the action is Superior, but not overdone! It was never really over the top and they still really focused on the story! Then it all leads up to the end where there's an epic battle!! It's quite amazing!

The main reason I REALLY thought this movie was fantastic though was the BRILLIANT ending! It was just fantastic. I of course won't give anything away but I'm telling you when the credits role your mouth will be open in AWE! I never thought there could be so many surprises in one ending of a movie. Also look for appearances from other characters in the previous movies, there are a couple that show up!! For that reason I recommend you see "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" before you go to see "TDKR".

You will also be happy to know that they definitely made Bane's voice easier to understand because when I first saw the Prologue to the movie, I could barely understand him! But during the movie I could understand him just fine! So that's a good thing

I really have nothing bad to say about "TDKR", I just loved it! Some critics thought it was overlong but it didn't feel that long to me at all!! I think all that time was needed to make this a truly epic movie.

Overall "TDKR" does fall a little bit short of it's predecessor, "The Dark Knight", but that really doesn't say much since that's my favorite movie ( I did however think this installment was better then "Batman Begins"). "TDKR" was still everything I wanted it to be and MORE. It was truly an Epic Conclusion! Go Experience it in Theaters!! I will also say if this movie doesn't get a Nomination for Best Picture this year at the"Oscars" probably no other Superhero movie ever will. I hope The Academy recognizes it!! Because it definitely deserves the recognition!

Verdict: 5 out of 5!


I will definitely be going to see this movie again sometime this weekend, and I did see this movie for the first time at midnight!! (AWESOME!!)

(Thank you Christopher Nolan for probably one of the Best Movie Franchises in Film History!)


*My heart goes out to all the people in Aurora, I can't believe something that horrific happened, and I'm deeply saddened by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment