Monday, June 11, 2012

My Review of Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted



I'm not really a big fan of the "Madagascar" trilogy. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one came as a bit of a disappointment. Now we have a 3rd movie in the trilogy. I must say I was super disappointed with this installment.


The movie follows Alex the Lion (Ben Stiller), Marty the Zebra (Chris Rock), Gloria the Hippo (Jada Pinkett Smith), and Melman the Giraffe (David Schwimmer) as they are STILL are trying to get back to their New York Zoo. Along the way, in order to get back, they join a circus. Where they meet even more animals. Some of those new characters are voiced by Jessica Chastain, Martin Short, and Bryan Cranston. The voice cast I can say did a pretty good job, and I liked some of the new voice's. But Marty the Zebra/Chris Rock is still my favorite character for this series. I should also say there is a so called "villain" in this movie named Capitaine Chantel DuBois, who tries to hunt down the whole gang, and I must say she's the worst villain I've ever seen for an animated movie! She was just completely dumb! 



I think the main problem with this movie was probably the story. Which I found to be pretty dull, it never actually hooked me in. I just found myself uninterested with what ended up happening to the characters. I also didn't get ANY laughs out of this movie! I had at least gotten a couple out of the last movies.


I will say one thing I liked was some of the cool action scenes and also some of the circus scenes. I think they made them look very nice and also very bright!! Another thing I did end up liking was the "Afro Circus" song, which seems to be what people are liking about this movie. I do think it has a chance of getting an Oscar Nomination for Best Song. However, I'm really hoping this movie doesn't get nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars, because let me tell you, it's not!


Overall "Madagascar 3" is the weakest installment in the trilogy, and I really don't wanna see another "Madagascar" movie. I am also really hoping that "Brave", "Ice Age: Continental Drift", and "ParaNorman" are way better then this movie! I would say if you really wanna see it, then wait to rent it, but if your not a huge fan, then just go ahead and skip this one. This movie is a perfect example of a film that critics liked, but I just found to be completely disappointing.

Verdict: 3 out of 5


Right now, it's kind of hard to tell whether they're going to make another movie or not. It didn't end with a cliff hanger, so I guess it just depends on how much money it makes, and right now, it looks like it's gonna be a lot! Since opening weekend it took in over $60.4 Million Dollars.

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for the change in font in a couple of the paragraph's!! I tryed to change it but I couldnt!!!

    ReplyDelete