Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Review of Prometheus




"Prometheus" was one of my most anticipated movies of this year. I was just very curious and excited about it. After seeing it, I have to say, I loved it!

"Prometheus" is about two scientists who are looking for the beginning of our human race. There search takes them FAR away to a distant planet. What they find, I will tell you, is not good. This story works out REALLY well, and it really grabs you and interests you.

The cast of "Prometheus" was very good. You have Noomi Rapace who played Elizebeth Shaw, Charlize Theron, who played Meradith Vickers, and I will say she's not as good in this role as she was in last weeks "Snow White & the Huntsman". Then you also have Michael Fassbender, playing David the Android, who is amazing in this role and in my opinion, he deserves an Oscar nomination. He definetly had the stand out performance in the movie.





I also really loved the awesome special effects in this movie, Ridley Scott truly makes them beautiful and stunning to look at.

I really have nothing bad to say about this movie, for its 2hrs and 3 minute running time it seems pretty short, since it pulls you in so well. I will say they could have made it a little scarier. There was really no "jump out of your seat" moments! And I wish there were!!

Overall I really loved "Prometheus", it is definitely my second favorite movie of the year behind "The Avengers" and I think all of you should go take this amazing journey that Ridley Scott takes you on. It's truly a movie you NEED to see in theaters.

Verdict: 4.5 out of 5


I will say yes, this movie does have some "Alien DNA" but I honestly wouldn't call it a prequel. There is just one seen at the very end that has a lot of relation to "Alien". So in a small way it is, but I think Ridley Scott met for it to just be a stand alone movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment