Friday, March 23, 2012

My Review of The Hunger Games


The Games are finally here people!! And I saw The Hunger Games last night, and I can honestly tell you I loved the movie!

First of all the acting was great and I think everyone was casted correctly, except for maybe Gale, who actually isn't in the first movie a lot. But overall everyone gave a great performance, especially Jennifer Lawrence, who played Katniss. But also Stanley Tucci, who played Caesar Flickman, to me it seems like Stanley Tucci is good in just about every role he is in! Because I'm telling you he nailed his role in this movie.


The other thing I loved was they didn't hold back with the brutality because of the PG-13 rating. The whole movie was very intense and seemed very real, especially the Cornucopia scene, which was very intense and brutal.

For the fans who are wondering if the movie lives up to book, it definitely does there isn't much missing except for a few things.

As for complaints, I don't really have anything, I know kind of surprising, you might say what about the long running time, well it didn't feel like 2hrs and 22 Min. at all because the movie never really slowed down so I was never bored or wanting the movie to end. I will say one thing they should have done is put Madge in the movie, she is the one who originally gives Katniss the Mocking-jay pin. She is also the mayor of District 12's daughter. But that little detail didn't bug me that much!

Overall The Hunger Games is a very worthy adaptation of a great book! Everything I wanted to see I saw and I'm just really impressed with how the movie turned out. I would read the book before you see it though, then you will probably like it even more! But if you haven't read the book I'm sure you will still love the movie.

Verdict: 4.5 out of 5!

I can not wait to see the book 2 movie adaptation, Catching Fire, which is coming out on November 22nd, 2013. But after seeing The Hunger Games I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty great movie. Or shall I say, may the odds be ever in your favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment