Friday, March 9, 2012

My Review of John Carter

As you may know John Carter has a massive budget and when you see the movie you can see why it does. But just cause it looks great doesn't mean it is great.

John Carter is basically about a guy that travels from Earth to Mars and the rest is very hard to explain. But John Carter is played by Taylor Kitsch, who I think played the role very well.


I thought the acting was ok, but not great, I did like Taylor Kitsch and also Mark Strong, who always plays a great villain.

Of course I loved the special effects in this movie; they looked very cool and very realistic.

One thing I didn't like was the super long running time and by the end of the movie I was just kind of bored.


The thing I didn't like the most though was the story. It was just kind of dull and I didn't really get intrigued by it.

Overall I think John Carter is strictly a rental. I think people will just get bored in theaters so if you really wanna see it. Wait for DVD.

Verdict: 3 out of 5

I should also say John Carter reminds me of Prince of Persia. Only Prince of Persia was better! And also due to Taylor Kitsch's good performance in this movie, I am now looking forward to seeing him in Battleship this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment