Sunday, December 11, 2011

DVD Review: The Help

The Help is one of those movies I just didn't really want to see in theaters but when it came out on DVD, I did want to see it. Turns out the movie was actually pretty good

First of all, the movie had a great story it kept me interested the whole time and I really cared about the characters. So they did a great job with character development.

Second of all the acting, by the whole cast was great, especially Viola Davis, who Played Aibileen in the movie, will get an Oscar nomination for her great performance in this. But it wasn't just her that did great, Octavia Spencer who played Minny and Emma Stone who played Rita Skeeter all did awesome.

I will say one problem I had with this movie is that it was quite long. It clocks in at about 2 hrs and a half so at times I was pretty bored but thanx to the plot and characters it did keep me interested.

Overall, in a year filled with big budget movies, The Help, is a nice break from
those kind of movies.It is Definetly one you need to see this year.

Verdict: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment